Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Fashion Incubator

In a couple of earlier posts (Game Theory, Game Theory 2), I discussed a clash of worldviews between Bill Waddell (who teaches Lean Manufacturing) and Howard Schwartz (who teaches Organizational Psychology).

I have just found a comment made by Kathleen Fasanella, who had given a copy of Schwartz's book to Waddell in the first place. The comment is fairly inaccessible, so I reproduce it here.

"Bill is one of a kind. He had to barbeque Schwartz as a matter of principle lol. I knew that sending him the book would certainly result in some entertainment and he didn't fail to disappoint. I also knew that some of what Schwartz wrote couldn't fail to register. A seed, that's all I was asking for.

"I can't recall how I found out about the book but I found it very thought provoking. I also had a problem with all the freudian references and didn't understand those portions well, not having the background. But I try!"
Kathleen is an expect on manufacturing and entrepreneurship in the clothing industry. I've just spent rather longer than I intended browsing her blog: Fashion-Incubator (subtitled: Lessons from the Sustainable Factory Floor).

No comments:

Post a Comment